Stanley Steemer International, INC.
- Types of Information We Collect
- Use and Processing of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Your Choices
- Authorized Agent
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Other Important Information
- Contact Information
Types of Information We Collect
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
Context: Account Registration
Types of Data: We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to provide account related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.
Context: Business Application Use
Types of Data: When our technicians use our Business Applications, we collection information about their use of those applications, including log in/log out times, arrival and departure times, duration between service intervals, GPS data, and customer service information.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to perform our contracts with customers, and to improve our services.
Context: Client Information
Types of Data: We collect the name, and contact information, of our clients and their employees with whom we may interact.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to contact our clients and communicate with them concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.
Context: Cookies and First Party Tracking
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to ensure our website operates efficiently.
Context: Cookies and Third Party Tracking
Types of Data: We participate in behavior-based advertising, this means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our website, or on other websites. See our Cookies Settings Page for more information.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: Where required by law, we base the use of third-party cookies upon consent.
Context: Email Interconnectivity
Types of Data: If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.
Types of Data: If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use information about current employees to carry out our payment and benefits obligations. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about our employees. We also use this information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.
Types of Data: If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information in order to receive, and act upon, your feedback or issues.
Context: Location and Distance Information
Types of Data: When our technicians use our Business Applications, or you use one of our Apps we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from a franchise that offers our services.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to understand our users and provide tailored services. In some contexts our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.
Context: Mailing List
Types of Data: When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to share information about our products or services. In most cases, we share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information.
Context: Mobile Devices
Types of Data: We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our franchises.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to share information about our products or services. We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information.
Context: National Customer Contact Center Calls
Types of Data: When you call our National Customer Contact Center, we collect information including call time, contact information, and call recording information used to effectuate your requests made by you.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to provide more efficient services to you, including shorter wait times, and to improve our services. In some cases, we may record calls with your consent.
Context: Order Placement
Types of Data: We collect information, including name, contact information, commercial information, payment information including email address, billing address, credit card number, and service address from our independent franchisees when they perform services for you.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with goods or services.
Context: Partner Promotion
Types of Data: We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to fulfil our promotions.
Context: Public Health and Safety
Types of Data: In certain situations where a serious public health threat has been identified, we may collect information from employees, guests, customers, and other individuals with whom we may come into contact or who access our facilities. This may include medical and health information, such as body temperature, symptoms, and underlying health conditions. In some cases, we may also collect medical, health, and related information about an employee’s children, family member, or other individuals under the employee’s care.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to protect the health and safety of our employees, guests, and customers. In some jurisdictions we may be required by law, regulation, or governmental order to collect and retain information related to issues of public health and safety.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to understand your opinions, and collect information relevant to our organization.
Context: Sweepstakes or Contests
Types of Data: When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to operate the sweepstakes. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes.
Context: Web Logs
Types of Data: We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.
Context: Website Interactions
Types of Data: We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data: We use this information to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also use this information to detect and prevent fraud.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, our franchisees, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
Use and Processing of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our franchise location pages.
- To provide products and services or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline the checkout process.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions, or those of our business partners.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase, or contact our National Customer Contact Center we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, franchisees, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
Some jurisdictions give you a right to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may ask whether we process information about you. You may also request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below or visiting the Privacy Center link on our website. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you access to the personal information that we have about you. In some cases, you may request that such access be provided in a portable format. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you may contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information be modified. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically, we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below or visiting the Privacy Center link on our website. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive or visiting the “Unsubscribe” link on our website. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
- Revocation Of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to : firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-866-438-5321. If you do not agree with a decision we've made with respect to your data request, you may appeal our decision by sending an email to : email@example.com. In your email, please provide a detailed description of the issue and why you believe we made our decision in error.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, your last order from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual, you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
- A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
- If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If we do not receive both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website permits you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
- Stanley Steemer Franchisees. Please note that Stanley Steemer franchisees are independent entities and their processing of information is subject to their own independent privacy policies. For information on how a specific Stanley Steemer franchisee processes your information, please direct your request to the relevant Stanley Steemer franchisee.
- Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s screen reader.
- Children. We do not knowingly collect or sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standard Mail:
- Stanley Steemer International, Inc
- Attn: Compliance Dept
- 5800 Innovation Drive
- Dublin, OH 43016
- Phone: 1-866-438-5321 or at 1-800-STEEMER
Effective Date: October 17, 2022
Last Update: April 5, 2023